Writing for the wise
Writing tips from Literacy Expert Alan Peat
English Home Learning You Tube Channels
- The Alphablocks are living letters who appear in wonderful videos to help your children learn about phonics and develop their reading skills.
- KidsTV123 has a large playlist of phonics videos that children can watch.
- Fairy Tales and Stories for Kids has lots of animated stories to enjoy. Can your children retell the story to you after they have watched one of the videos?
- BBC Teach has a playlist of English videos to teach your children about punctuation and stories. It also includes ideas for writing, songs and more.
- CBeebies have a playlist of their Bedtime Stories, in which people read popular children’s books. Why not record your own version on a mobile device?
- Watch this collection of book trailers from Scholastic. Could you make a trailer for one of your favourite books?