Newsletter October 2020
As you will no doubt be aware, the national picture regarding the Covid-19 pandemic is deteriorating and
Wrexham is now in a local lockdown; in an attempt to stem the tide of rising infections. More information can
be found at: gov.wales/local-lockdown As a school, we are continuing to amend our Covid-19 Risk Assessment,
as measures and restrictions change.
- All adults entering the school grounds should wear a face covering (this particularly includes drop-off
- and pick-up) If anyone is exempt from wearing a face covering for medical reasons, please email school.
- Only one adult per child should enter the grounds for drop-off/pick-up.
- All staff should wear a face covering at drop-off/pick-up.
- Parents/carers to arrive & leave promptly at drop-off/pick-up – please do not congregate and do
- maintain social distancing (as we know that the virus is easily transmitted from person to person)
What to do if your child develops symptoms of COVID 19
If your child develops symptoms of COVID-19, they must not come to school and should remain at home for at
least 10 days from the date when their symptoms appeared. Anyone with symptoms will be eligible for testing
and this can be arranged via https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/testing-and-tracing/get-atest-to-check-if-you-have-coronavirus/ or calling 119. You can also apply for a test using the NHS Covid-19 app on a smart phone.
All other household members who remain well must stay at home and not leave the house for 14 days. This
includes anyone in your ‘Support Bubble’. The 14-day period starts from the day after the first person in the
house became ill. Household members should not go to work, school or public areas and exercise should be
taken within the home. Household members staying at home for 14 days will greatly reduce the overall amount
of infection the household could pass on to others in the community.
If your child or anyone in your household/Support Bubble is tested for Covid-19, school should be informed
immediately that a test has been taken. Confirmation of test results for children should be emailed to school
before the child returns. email@example.com
The most common symptoms of coronavirus (COVID-19) are recent onset of:
- a new continuous cough
- a high temperature
- a loss of, or change in, your normal sense of taste or smell (anosmia)
If you are concerned about your child’s symptoms, or they are worsening you can seek advice by phoning 111.
How to stop COVID-19 spreading
There are things you can do to help reduce the risk of you and anyone you live with getting ill with COVID19
- wash your hands with soap and water often – do this for at least 20 seconds
- use hand sanitiser gel if soap and water are not available wash your hands as soon as you get home
- cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when you cough or sneeze
- put used tissues in the bin immediately and wash your hands afterwards
Further information is available at https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/
Whilst Wrexham is in local lockdown, holiday requests to take children out of the county cannot be authorised.
Harvest Collection 12th October
School Photographer 14th October
Pumpkin Party/Spooky Disco 23rd October
Friday 23rd October School closes for half term
Monday 2nd November School reopens
Thank you for your continued support.